Saturday, January 21, 2012

Implementing Storybird

Excitedly, I entered the class with a new tool up my sleeve for my reluctant writers. Storybird.com.  I tease my students that they are going to be famous authors and when asked they will say, they found their love of writing in 2nd Grade.  

Yesterday, I set up accounts for all my students.  Today when I went to log in... none of my students were there.  I couldn't figure out, is this something I am doing wrong or is it just slow to load? Anyway, after re-creating some student accounts, all of a sudden I could see the accounts I created yesterday.  Then the avitars wouldn't load.  Hmmmm... Has anyone else had issues with Storybird?

Well, I am happy to report that once I did get some of my students onto Storybird.com, they didn't want to stop.  There was laughing and crying out, "Look at this!"    I hope to continue using story board to teach my second graders the features of short stories.  


How do you use Storybird?


Warmly,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment